Buttock lift is a cosmetic surgery that is conducted to improve the overall appearance of the buttocks. What is usually done in this procedure is that excessive fat is removed from hips area to improve its appearance. It is a suitable option for those people who are in an overall good shape but have excessive fat in this particular area. The result of this procedure enhances the appearance of the buttock skin and decreases any irregularities in skin surface.
The procedure of the buttock lift must only be conducted after consulting it from the surgeon or taking an advice from your doctor/surgeon.
- The procedure is performed under anaesthesia which means you will be asleep during the procedure. This can only be done after the patient has consulted with his surgeon and is in a need to get rid of the excessive fat in the buttocks.
- The procedure is often done according to the choice of the patient as to what he or she might like and prefer.
- For buttock lifts the surgeon makes cuts just above the buttocks to remove the fat through incision. The extra skin fat is removed and the skin below the incision is lifted up, enhancing the appearance of the buttocks.
- The surgeon also uses special devices to maintain the temperature of the body and special antibiotics are given to reduce the possibility of infection.
- The whole procedure takes about two to three hours.
- After the procedure the patient is usually asked to stay in the hospital for a day or two to ensure complete recovery.
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind before the surgery is done. They are important as they might later help you in improving your health results after the surgery.
- The first and the utmost important thing that you need to keep in mind is to drink plenty of water before the surgery.
- As smoking can impair healing and also circulation, it is important that you quit smoking at least two weeks before the surgery and then one week after the surgery. It may cause a lot of harmful effects.
- Before the surgery takes place it important that the patient must quit drinking alcohol two weks before the surgery and till one week after the surgery.
Keeping these few essential details in mind, not only your surgery will prove to be successful without any side effects but it will help speed up the healing process and you will recover soon. As cosmetic surgeries are quite technical, it is important that the patient takes care of all these things before the surgery in order to avoid any problems that may be caused due to these general reasons.
It is often a misconception among the people that cosmetic surgeries often go wrong and may have a lot harmful effects. It may be true that there might be a few effects can occur after the surgery however, with the right precautions, you can overcome these problem and make the procedure a success.